Re: New Version Notification for draft-leiba-3777upd-eligibility-01.txt

2012-08-18 17:20:07
Below....

At 07:44 PM 8/17/2012, Michael StJohns wrote:
Read section 10, 3rd paragraph of RFC3777.

The prior year's Chair may select a designee from a pool composed
      of the voting
volunteers of the prior year's committee and all
      prior Chairs if the Chair is unavailable.
If the prior year's
      Chair is unavailable or is unable or unwilling to make such a
designation in a timely fashion, the Chair of the current year's
      committee may select a
designee in consultation with the Internet
      Society President.
So it's actually, the prior chair (first choice), any member of the prior
committee, or
any other prior chair.

Mike

Sorry - while I love the iPad, at times its painful to edit things correctly.

The original reference to "advisor" in the collection of members in the
original text is as above - the past chair or the chair's alternate selected as
above.

The other reference to the "any other advisors" you mention below is elsewhere
in 3777.  So we were both fondling different parts of the same elephant....

With respect to the current edit of the text I'd make one more change to make
this clear:

       The nominating committee is comprised of a Chair, ten
       voting volunteers, the immediate past nominating
       committee Chair

[or their alternate]

in an advisory capacity, plus liaisons
       and optional additional advisor(s) as described in
       Section 4 of RFC 3777.

Mike

On Aug 17, 2012, at 15:36, John C Klensin