Re: Antitrust FAQ

2012-10-11 07:35:04

On 10/10/2012 9:41 PM, John Levine wrote:
directs two people who are at an IETF meeting to refrain from one having
a sales discussion with the other in private.

Um, could you identify which item under 2 or 3 would describe a
sales discussion?

    Saleguy:  "Buy my product.  I'll sell it to you for US$xxx."

Potential customer: "OK, but only if you guarantee me that that's your best price to any customer for the next 6 moths."

    Salesguy:  "OK."

By way of offering a single example, I'm only choosing the first bullet of #2. Getting this sort of "price fixing" guarantee isn't actually all that unusual for critical sales contracts.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking