Re: Antitrust FAQ

2012-10-11 15:32:30
Hi, Russ.

In question 2,
I don't understand what several terms are and whether they have any
relation to the standards process.

The one most confusing is "agreements to restrict output"

Also, more detail on what an anticompetitive reason to restrict someone
from the standards process could help.

I'd also expect to see:

7) What should be considered when evaluating the composition of design
teams to avoid antitrust concerns?

8) What responsibilities do chairs have in avoiding antitrust concerns
within their WGs.

9) What should chairs, editors or other participants do if they have
concerns about something they observe in the IETF process?

These are not hypothetical concerns.  In all three cases I've had the
question with regard to specific events and not been sure what to do.