Re: IAOC Request for community feedback

2012-10-23 14:22:03
    > From: Michael StJohns <mstjohns(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net>

    > When would you consider the office vacant?

The complete data on what attempts had been made to communicate with him were
given to us all, so we can all form our own individual opinion as to whether
sufficient conditions had been met.

    > I'm currently in jury duty - and sequestered for a major murder trial?
    > ... Trapped in a hospital for 6 weeks for traction?

In all of these cases one presumably wouldn't vanish without a word of
explanation. It's that, as much as the non-performance, that's an issue.

You know as well as I do that in a normal company, if an employee stopped
showing up for work with no notice, no communication about the situation,
and that went on for months, the person would find themselves terminated.

    > From: Doug Barton <dougb(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us>

    > It is neither safe, nor appropriate, to assume that the subset of
    > people humming about this issue overlaps sufficiently with the subset
    > that hummed about establishing the procedure to justify this decision.

What, we can't change a procedure unless the set of people who previously
OK'd it now agree to change it? I don't think so. A hum is a hum is a hum.

        Noel