Re: Just so I'm clear

2012-10-23 23:52:31

On 10/24/12 6:23 AM, Doug Barton wrote:
With respect, you haven't spent much time with either the ITU or ICANN
if you think that 3777 is rigidly bureaucratic by their standards.
This is one of those situations where we have to take our medicine. Doug

There are actually very few ITU rules, and very many guidelines.  The
latter are the exact opposite of rigid, but subject to overturning by
Member States at any time.  I had thought that we were roughly the same
in that regard, so as to avoid a perversity.  We've had any number of
debates on this list about not creating process without a reason.
Fine.  The price for that is that you have to deal with these sorts of
circumstances as and when they arise, using rough consensus as your guide.

Eliot