Re: Just so I'm clear

2012-10-27 23:28:58

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Actually I haven't seen that. I've seen people assert that our process
doesn't document the case of a non-responsive absentee member, but I
haven't seen anyone deny that we have an empty seat.

I don't believe the seat is vacant or empty. Without some form of
rule or process documented, it isn't vacant. For unknown reasons
(we've had two different 3rd party reports, neither of which makes
sense given the individual's prior commitment to the IETF community,
we have a clear case of failure to fulfill the obligations assumed when
the position was accepted.

That isn't a defacto vacancy.