Re: ISOC BOT and Process BCPs

2012-10-28 06:35:52
Sam -
        The ISOC BoT has generally (with some slip-ups) accepted IETF process
documents as
describing the IETF process - this has been seen as a good idea for the
insurance coverage

there is no requirement in the IETF process that such RFCs be approved by the
ISOC board
nor that they are accepted as describing IETF process before the RFCs become
active

see, for example, Resolution 2006-36
http://www.internetsociety.org/who-we-are/board-trustees/list-resolutions

Scott

On Oct 26, 2012, at 7:20 AM, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu>