Re: don't overthink, was Just so I'm clear

2012-10-25 13:57:44
    > From: Doug Barton <dougb(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us>

    > When Marshall was appointed the rules we have now were in place.
    > To change the rules now, and then apply them to this situation is by
    > definition retroactive.

By that logic, _any_ change to any rule involving, say, the IESG (repeat for
all other I* bodies) - e.g. changing its powers, etc - can't come into play
until between 1 and 2 years have passed, so that all existing seated members
will have been replaced/reseated.

Otherwise you'll be changing the powers/etc that they had when they were
seated - i.e. retroactive changes to their powers/etc.

        Noel