Re: don't overthink, was Just so I'm clear

2012-10-25 15:10:50
On 10/25/2012 12:34 PM, Carsten Bormann wrote:
On Oct 25, 2012, at 21:20, Doug Barton <dougb(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us> wrote:

_punitive_

Again, you are confused. This action is not about punishing an
individual, and I would be violently opposed to it if it were.

Removal from office _is_ considered a punitive action, by any commonly
accepted definition in any context having to do with boards, committees,
etc. But "punitive" is different from "punishment." It's a subtle
distinction, but an important one.

I am not suggesting that Marshall should be punished, and I do not with
my remarks to be construed that way.