Re: Just so I'm clear

2012-10-25 16:27:27
At 05:08 PM 10/25/2012, Melinda Shore wrote:
don't think that these are in any way analogous, since in each
case that you mentioned the individual who left was either incapacitated
or had pre-arranged an absence.  If someone simply disappeared from
work without notice or comment I expect it would be handled rather
differently.

Professor A does not return from Sabbatical at the time he had previously
indicated.  He is not reachable.

Congresswoman B goes into 90 day rehab suddenly.  Her staff says only that
she's unavailable.  At the end of 90 days, she extends for another month.

I can go on.

We know that Marshall is unresponsive for a while and that is the ONLY fact we
have.  We suspect (from the 2nd party Facebook conversation) that we know why.
But the truth may be (and probably is) somewhat different.

Later, Mike