Re: IAOC Request for community feedback

2012-10-24 08:46:53

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Agreed. It could be used for that, but I don't see it as required.
We aren't dealing with alleged misbehaviour.

Where I come from failure to fulfill the duties of the position is
misbehaviour. I think it would be serious lack of respect for Marshall
to not follow the only documented procedure for removing someone
from a position. After all, he has spent many years contributing
to the IETF, including the definition of the removal procedure.

FWIW, in some sense, this is a good first test case for the
procedure in that I don't sense an inclination by anyone to
oppose the outcome of removal. At the minimum, there should
probably be a simpler procedure for removal in a case like
this where responsibilities have be abandoned. But we don't
have that alternative now, so I think we must follow what
we have already defined.

We might also want to consider a documented procedure
like the 25th ammendment for temporary removal.

David Morris