Re: IAOC Request for community feedback

2012-10-23 14:27:19
On 10/23/2012 12:21 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
    > From: Doug Barton <dougb(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us>

    > It is neither safe, nor appropriate, to assume that the subset of
    > people humming about this issue overlaps sufficiently with the subset
    > that hummed about establishing the procedure to justify this decision.

What, we can't change a procedure unless the set of people who previously
OK'd it now agree to change it? I don't think so. A hum is a hum is a hum.

You're not proposing a change in procedure. You're proposing to ignore
one. Those are entirely different things.

You've also snipped out the entire portion of my message where I talked
about actually changing the procedure, and why that may actually be a
good thing. I can't tell if you're deliberately trying to confuse the
issue by arguing against a straw-man that I did not actually propose, or
if you just didn't understand what I wrote previously. If the latter I
apologize, and would be happy to clarify if necessary.

Doug