Re: IESG Considering a Revision to NOTE WELL

2012-11-06 17:30:41
Stephan:

Based on the number of late disclosures that are occurring, it is clear
to us that we need to use very plain language to explain the
responsibilities to participants.

That's an interesting statement.  To summarize the (long) message below, I
don't think that empirical data supports that there are any significant
numbers of disclosures of which it is likely that they are "late".

If the disclosure is made after the document completes WG Last Call, then it is
late in the IETF standards process.  When the disclosure comes after this point
in the process, then we need to loop back and redo some steps.

Russ