Re: Newcomers [Was: Evolutionizing the IETF]

2012-11-14 21:40:41
Melinda,

        My point is beyond about venues.

        But answering your question in how moving venues could help.

        Diversity.

        Going to other places would help bring people from other backgrounds,
different ideas, new ways of thinking, break paradigms, etc. People that
in other way would find difficult to participate in the IETF or probably
wouldn't even know that a such thing as the IETF exists. Also, for it
would be good for the ietf community know, see and live other realities,
different needs, and perhaps more constrained that the normal that we
used to.

Regards,
as