Re: Newcomers [Was: Evolutionizing the IETF]

2012-11-14 21:44:02
On 11/14/12 6:39 PM, Arturo Servin wrote:
      Going to other places would help bring people from other backgrounds,
different ideas, new ways of thinking, break paradigms, etc. People that
in other way would find difficult to participate in the IETF or probably
wouldn't even know that a such thing as the IETF exists. Also, for it
would be good for the ietf community know, see and live other realities,
different needs, and perhaps more constrained that the normal that we
used to.

Right, I understand that (better than you might think - I live in
Alaska).  But.  I'm trying to understand the value in having people
attend one meeting.  I've asked about that several times.

Melinda