Re: [lisp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-03.txt> (LISP EID Block) to Informational RFC

2012-11-15 12:00:27
Hi,

So there will be a pool of addresses that the RIR's can allocate out of for
EIDs?  If that's the case, what is the additional value to an ISP who would
conceivably have to pay the RIR for another block of V6 addresses
specifically for use as EIDs, when most likely they are already paying for a
block that can be used for either purpose?

Good point.

I am currently using my whole /32 allocation from RIPE NCC as EID space. I run
multiple PxTRs in an BGP based anycast setup to route to/from the non-LISP
internet. What would be the use of requesting another prefix? I would have to
put it in the global routing table to route traffic for it (unless other people
start running PITRs for the whole /12, but then we get the 3rd party relay
dependencies we know so well from 6to4...)

(PS: my PxTRs do map-requests for anything in ::/0 using DDT, so everything in
DDT is already sent to a locator if possible, and they forward traffic natively
otherwise)

Met vriendelijke groet,
Sander Steffann