RE: [lisp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-03.txt> (LISP EID Block) to Informational RFC

2012-11-21 11:58:59
    > From: "George, Wes" <wesley(_dot_)george(_at_)twcable(_dot_)com>

    > I don't think that expecting code to handle two blocks (the
    > experimental one and the permanent one) is asking too much

We disagree. For me, it's extra code/complexity, and it buys you absolutely
nothing at all.

    > If a single permanent allocation that never changes is truly necessary

Allocation != reservation. Nobody is asking for the entire chunk to be
_allocated_ (i.e. given out), just that it be _reserved_ for this use.

        Noel