Re: A Splendid Example Of A Renumbering Disaster

2012-11-26 11:13:13
I expect to be flamed for suggesting it, but why not use the Shared Address Space for this purpose? (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6598)

Cheers,
-Benson

On 11/26/12 11:52 AM, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
As LogMein says, even with the TMobile and Rogers use, it's extremely unlikely that their customers will need to communicate with any hosts in 25/8. That said, I absolutely agree that an IPv4 range devoted to VPNs would be great. I run a personal VPN to my home LAN, and I specifically use different ranges of RFC 1918 space for the addresses in my home and my VPN.

Cheers,
Andy