Re: Barely literate minutes

2012-11-29 17:06:26
On 11/29/12 3:45 PM, Lee Howard wrote:
I can't take notes while I'm standing up, facilitating discussion.

Interesting. I am forced to (only somewhat facetiously) ask: Why are *you* standing up, facilitating discussion, if you are the editor? Shouldn't that be the chair's job? More seriously: Since we started this PowerPoint/Comments-at-the-mic thing oh so many years ago, doing document reviews in presentation form where the editor is the one doing the slides has created this problem. Perhaps a better mode would be for the editor to write up the list of open issues, have the chair project them if need be, and the editor can get up to the mic with explanations/questions as needed but otherwise remain seated so they can jot down the notes they need. I think I've done something like that a long time ago as an editor. Worth trying, I'd think.

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478