Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-json-patch-08.txt> (JSON Patch) to Proposed Standard

2012-12-12 12:29:16
On 12 December 2012 01:14, Mark Nottingham <mnot(_at_)mnot(_dot_)net> wrote:
[snip]

Personally -- to me, it seems like you're getting hung up on the word "add."
We've had a few bits of feedback, where people try to map a particular
meaning of one of the operation names to a programming language or other
system. In this format, "add" means what the format definition says it means,
because otherwise we have to rationalise all of the different systems people
might use it with to make sense.

"When I use a word", Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone,
"it means what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."

Lewis Carroll. Through the Looking Glass. 1872.