RE: Running code, take 2

2012-12-13 09:11:13
How about...

Start with Yaron's proposal to include in the I-D. This is easy as a starting
point. Duplicate documentation in wiki may be useful and provide a place to
track text for inclusion in the next revision.

When/if inclusion in the I-D gets messy, replace text in I-D with pointer to
wiki.

When/if experiment looks like a success, replace all above with data tracker
tool and allow it to persist for RFCs.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Blanchet [mailto:marc(_dot_)blanchet(_at_)viagenie(_dot_)ca]
Sent: 13 December 2012 15:05
To: Yaron Sheffer
Cc: adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
'Alessandro Vesely'
Subject: Re: Running code, take 2

Le 2012-12-13 à 10:00, Yaron Sheffer a écrit :

Hi Marc,

I think it's critical that a person reading a draft (e.g. going to
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-blanchet-iab-internetoverport443-01) will
have a
direct way to check out on the implementation status.

This is trivial if it's a section in the document. It's simple if it's
linked from the
Tools page. Otherwise, e.g. if you put it on the wiki, only IETF insiders will
be
aware of it.

sure. Let me restart:
- I like Adrian proposal: instead of in RFC, put it online within our site
- but you wrote: requires implementation effort.
- I replied: well, phase 1 (of put it online within our site) can be done with
almost
zero implementation effort. phase 2 requires some work (I'd say not that big)
for
implementation/tools.

Regards, Marc.

Thanks,