Re: Running code, take 2

2012-12-13 19:18:07

--On Thursday, December 13, 2012 16:11 -0800 Randy Bush
<randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> wrote:

My concern remains that we not create new formal procedures
to do (or even experiment with) things that can be done under
existing rules either for the whole IETF or on an area by
area or even document by document basis

<aol>

my apologies.  i did not mean that formal implementation
reports should be filed for everything, or even everything
that wants to be on a fast track, if there is a fast track.

i meant merely to illustrate that we already have flavors for
filing implementation reports.  and i was asking if/how
melinda thought the format of reporting might affect the speed
and direction of the track.

I actually understood that.  Sorry for not being clear.  My
concern about creating new procedures, of even a formal
experiment, is almost orthogonal to your comments and
illustration, for which I'm grateful and in complete agreement.

    john