Re: Running code, take 2

2012-12-13 12:20:18
On 12/13/12 9:13 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
don't we already have a way of doing this?  implementation reports, e.g.

    draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-impl-01.txt

a wiki can be more easily curated, though has authorization challenges.

could you clue me into how the different modes would facilitate progress
of the base document(s)?

The curation model is that somebody/somebodies take responsibility for
authoring a document and tracking down implementations, writing them
up, etc.  The wiki model is that somebody/somebodies say "Hey!  I've got
an implementation, let me tell you about it."  I don't see why they
can't co-exist, but in the meantime I don't think implementation reports
in the form of internet drafts are that common, and I'd be curious to
see which is more effective at getting information out.

What's the long-term plan for the RPKI implementation report -
publication?

Melinda