Re: A proposal for a scientific approach to this question [was Re: I'm struggling with 2219 language again]

2013-01-09 01:54:41
This is what I have been talking about. The human mind's ability to believe
that the whole world sees everything the same way they do. It really is quite
amazing.

These so-called gaps often arise because they were unstated assumptions or
things that the author believed were patently obvious and didn't need to be
stated. Actually didn't know needed to be stated. From his point of view, no
one would do it differently. Nothing had been left out and he didn't make the
"mistake." What the other guys did was a bug.

That is why I think the IETF names the RFC or standards or
specifications as *Request For Comments*, if there is a gap or the
human mind failed, then it should communicate to the world and report
such gap/bug.

AB