Re: A modest proposal

2013-01-22 01:06:00
On 1/21/13 7:57 PM, William Jordan wrote:
Whoever thought it was a good idea to
allow multiple ways of doing the same exact thing would hopefully be
deterred by actually writing code to do it.

I think there's general agreement that options are not a good thing and
a pretty decent understanding of the issues around complexity, but
there's many a slip, etc.  I'm sympathetic to your complaints.  At the
time that SIP came along there was much happiness that there was a less
complex alternative to H.323, but for better or worse complicated
problems sometimes have complicated solutions, and SIP ended up a
hairball. I don't think your proposal is likely to go anywhere but I'm
curious about why you're specifically requesting implementations in C.

Melinda