Re: FW: Last Call: <draft-farrell-ft-03.txt> (A Fast-Track way to RFC with Running Code) to Experimental RFC

2013-01-22 16:12:26

Hiya,

On 01/22/2013 05:14 PM, Joe Touch wrote:

It puts more work on the community at large to review an idea that could
have been either rejected or significantly improved in a smaller
community before wasting the larger communities time.

Actually it occurs to me that there might be something
here of note (while continuing to disagree with you about
the overall idea)...

If we do the experiment and a draft changes significantly
during last-call based on new comments from someone active
in the relevant WG then that would imply that either that
draft wasn't suited for fast-tracking or perhaps that
the experiment indicates a problem with fast-tracking.

I'd be surprised if that happens at all to be honest,
unless lots of WGs choose to try the experiment, but it
could.

I don't think there's really a high probability that a
draft from a WG will be "rejected" - almost all docs
that get to the start of WGLC tend to arrive at the IESG
as far as I can see, though I'm sure there'll be some WG
that operates differently.

S.