Re: Last Call: <draft-cardenas-dff-09.txt> (Depth-First Forwarding in Unreliable Networks (DFF)) to Experimental RFC

2013-02-24 23:59:56
Reply to your request dated 07/02/2013
Draft Reviewed By: Abdussalam Baryun (AB)   Dated: 24/02/2013

Reviewer Comment #AB3: Related to Processing and interaction with others.

In section 11
AB>The DFF MUST contain the next hop of RIB, but in section 5 it mentions MAY.
AB>suggest> please amend both should be same requirement for protocol.

AB> the way it determines the next hop does not show that this
protocol is sensitive to other parameters in the RIB, it just takes
the addresses without considering the routing protocol strategy in its
RIB. IMHO, this may make the DFF make mistakes in taking the right
next hop,

Section 12
AB> is not understood, it seems a general not specific, I suggest more
explaining how this interaction with routing protocol is occured?

Section 13
AB> who creates the sequence number is it the DFF or the routing
protocol. It seems the DFF, so please specify how it will
maintain/save such sequence number in this section.
AB> suggest this section to be : DFF Sequence Number.

Section 14
AB> again do you mean that both modes can work together. I don't think
that you mean that, so you should specify that each routing domain
MUST have one mode, and specify how to maintain that mode in such
protocol.

Overall> about processing>
AB> this protocol needs to be discussed more how it will interact with
the routing protocols in MANET, 6LowPAN, ROLL. The documents ignore
alot of work done in the IETF which is not fiting the general
applicability it is offering.

+++++++++++++The END+++++++++++

Regards
AB
This message and any attachments are confidential to the intended
This message is in compliance with the IETF regulations.

On 2/7/13, The IESG <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Depth-First Forwarding in Unreliable Networks (DFF)'
  <draft-cardenas-dff-09.txt> as Experimental RFC

ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2013-02-24. Exceptionally,
comments may
be
sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain the

Abstract

   This document specifies the "Depth-First Forwarding" (DFF) protocol
   for IPv6 networks, a data forwarding mechanism that can increase
   reliability of data delivery in networks with dynamic topology and/or
   lossy links.  The protocol operates entirely on the forwarding plane,
   but may interact with the routing plane.  DFF forwards data packets
   using a mechanism similar to a "depth-first search" for the
   destination of a packet.  The routing plane may be informed of
   failures to deliver a packet or loops.  This document specifies the
   DFF mechanism both for IPv6 networks (as specified in RFC2460) and in
   addition also for LoWPAN "mesh-under" networks (as specified in
   RFC4944).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cardenas-dff/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cardenas-dff/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1645/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1646/