Re: IETF chair's blog

2013-02-28 00:55:58
Young people like myself may use other networks to communicate, but we also mistrust them. There is something virtuous about the IETF stance that is appealing and helpful to its brand (and made signing up for this listserve more attractive). I am wary of diluting that brand by putting the brand into walled gardens, especially any sort of Facebook page. Whatever use there is, it should be easy for people to find the open-source resources, keeping outside hosted content as a gateway into the ISTF.

-WLS