Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-04 10:46:21
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu>
wrote:

I'd like to  live in an IETF where we have room for people who do want
to spend a lot of time on all those issues as well as a place where ADs
can take responsibility for the technical work in their area  and
minimize time commitments.

I think the balance between personal review and trusting others is
something that will shift both for individual ADs and over time.  I'd
hate to see the community over-constrain that.

I strongly agree with Sam's point here.  When we have these
discussions, we often try to over-engineer the people aspects.
Especially given our nomcom process (versus the hiring process that
proceeds from inside a management or a standing board),
over-constraining is pretty doomed.

Allison