Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-04 11:25:58
My humble suggestion is to go with a single AD for Transport Area. I think
it could work.

Regards,

Behcet

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM, IETF Chair <chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:

Dear IETF Community,

The 2012-2013 IETF nomination process has not yet filled the Transport
Area Director position despite several attempts to broaden the pool of
nominees.  The whole community conveys our most sincere gratitude to the
existing nominees for this position.  However, it seems that no candidate
has yet been found that meets the specific IESG-provided requirements and
is also able to make the necessary time commitment.

Requirements for IESG positions can be found at:
https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/iesg-requirements

The TSVAREA session at IETF 86 will include a discussion on the
difficulty in locating a Transport Area Director candidate that meets
these position requirements and is also able to make the necessary time
commitment.  The outcome of the discussion cannot be predicted in
advance.  Since this discussion could lead to a change in the IESG
requirements, the IESG encourages the community to take part in this
discussion so that any changes are based on broad community input.

On behalf of the IESG,
 Russ Housley