Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-06 23:44:03
Dear IAB and NomCom 2012,

In a message dated February 6, the NomCom Chair requested feedback from the IETF Community for the TSV Area Director position. In a message dated March 3, the IETF Chair mentioned that it might be that no candidate has yet been found that meets the specific IESG-provided requirements. There wasn't any further communication about the subject.

BCP 10 describes an advice and consent model. What may have been missed, in my opinion, is that the action or non-action is a significant change to the model.

This is a highly unusual situation. I suggest that the appropriate party takes any corrective action it deems fit or else there will be requests for changes to the model in future.

Please note that I do not have any affiliation in common with anyone impacted by the appointment decision or any direct or indirect financial interest in the outcome.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy