Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

Incidentally, while mulling this over, it occurred to me that RFC 3777
doesn't (I believe) talk about conflict of interest within the
confirming bodies. I do recall members of the IAB and the ISOC Board
recusing themselves from confirmation discussions on occasion, but that
was done on an ad hoc basis. I wonder whether we should write something
down about this.

I tend to be unenthusiastic about publishing more process document
but this sort of thing seems very worthwhile.  If nothing else it
seems worthwhile to think about and clarify our own policies.

Melinda