Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-05 05:22:44
Brian,

Lars,

Let's try that statement parametrised:

"*Someone* on the IESG needs to understand X."

I think there are many plausible values of X, certainly including
congestion control. But what do we do when, for some value of X,
there is no such AD?

What I'm getting at is that this line of argument doesn't scale.
The only solution I see is to replace it by
"Several people on the Y Directorate need to understand X."

That probably does scale. Of course, it implies that ADs consult
and trust the relevant Directorate.

Even if the directorate is doing all of its reviews there is still plenty of follow-ups to be done by the responsible ADs, e.g., discussing with the draft authors on how to address the comments, check the updated drafts, discuss with the IESG about this, etc.

This won't go away, even if the directorate is reviewing each and every draft.

  Martin

Regards
    Brian