Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-05 12:34:12
Joe,

On 3/5/2013 10:28 AM, Joe Touch wrote:
On 3/4/2013 2:19 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

      ADs do not 'lead' the work of their area.  They do not initiate
the work, produce the charters or write the specifications.  Work that
fails or succeeds does so because it has community consensus and demand,
not because an AD was diligent or clever.  The job of an AD is to
facilitate community efforts, not to direct them.

ADs also comprise the IESG, which reviews RFCs before publication.

We should not expect to appoint IESG members that need a tutorial on
basic protocol principles. Further, if the TSV AD can't stand up for
cong control and other TSV-specific work or TSV-specific concerns raised
on other drafts, then who will?

If you can explain how your note relates to mine, I'd appreciate it.

You appear to be responding to a point that has been raised elsewhere in the discussion (by others), but has nothing at all to do with the points I was making.

Best I can guess is that you somehow think that because I didn't mention something I meant that it didn't matter. If so, please re-target your note because that would be a bad reading.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking