Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-12 10:02:44
At 07:56 AM 3/12/2013, Dan Harkins wrote:
While these studies are interesting and thought provoking, I think it is
wrong, and very dangerous, to use these studies to justify blanket
statements about intelligence, group or otherwise.

I'm laughing a bit about this thread.  For example, there's also "substantial
evidence" that young women and young men do better in gender segregated schools
because the women's IQs plunge due to primping and displaying and men's IQs
plunge due to testosterone if they're kept together.  Unfortunately, there's
also "substantial evidence" that doing things this way can lead to some
socialization issues (where both groups tend to have warped views of the
members of the other groups).  (I myself doubt both versions of the
"substantial evidence")

Seriously - diversity is generally good.  I think we all get that.  Going off
and trying to support that general statement with (Dan's words, but I think I
agree) "cherry picked" data isn't going to advance that cause much.

Mike