Re: Consensus on the responsibility for qualifications? (Was: Re: Nomcom is responsible for IESG qualifications)

2013-03-15 12:24:56
G'day,

On 3/13/2013 2:27 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
So I suggest:

       2. The nominating committee selects candidates based on its
          determination of the requirements for the job, synthesized
          from the desires expressed by the IAB, IESG or IAOC (as
          appropriate), desires express by the community, and from the
          nominating committee's own assessment; it then advises each
          confirming body of its respective candidates; the nominating
          committee shall provide supporting materials that cover its
          selections, including the final version of requirements that
          the nominating committee used when making its selections;
          these requirements shall be made public after nominees are
          confirmed.

{ At the end of this message is a proposed revision to the above draft. It synthesizes the input from messages posted about this on the IETF list. Between here and that text I respond to those postings. /d }

There have been a number of comments on this draft text proposal: