Re: Consensus on the responsibility for qualifications? (Was: Re: Nomcom is responsible for IESG qualifications)

2013-03-16 13:27:49
Hi Jim,
At 09:24 AM 3/16/2013, James Galvin wrote:
An important principle in 3777 is to give the NOMCOM the flexibility it needs to do what it needs to do when it needs to be done, but no less flexibility than it needs. I see your text as reducing that flexibility by stating how the NOMCOM "understands the community consensus".

There is flexibility in RFC 3777. I don't know whether that has been exercised. Getting into "consensus" might create problems in the model and the community will end up with a document where parts of it are not followed in practice.

Regards,
-sm