Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-20 09:17:15
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Margaret Wasserman
<mrw(_at_)lilacglade(_dot_)org>wrote:

Hi Stewart,

On Mar 20, 2013, at 2:04 AM, Stewart Bryant <stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Age
Disability
Gender reassignment
Marriage and civil partnership
Pregnancy and maternity
Race
Religion and belief
Sex
Sexual orientation

The U.S. has a similar (although not identical) list, and it may vary a
bit state-by-state.

If we are going to have an itemized list of diversity characteristics,
we should not pick and choose, we should include the full list.

I would strongly recommend that legal counsel be consulted before any such
"list" is produced or used by IETF/IESG/Nomcom.  (FYI, this is totally
outside my own area of legal expertise, so IAOC would need to incur some
expense to hire competent counsel in this area)

While I certainly wouldn't suggest we start discriminating based on _any_
of these factors, it is very difficult to measure our results in some of
these areas, as we do not collect this information from IETF attendees, nor
do we publish the age, disability status, gender status, marital status,
religion or sexual orientation of our I* members.

What records *do* exist regarding the identify of IETF leadership?  Is
there a central repository of at least names/companies of IESG members
and/or WG leaders?