Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-20 11:09:44
I'm somewhat worried at the lurch this thread has taken into the land of protected classes, legal advice, etc. I hope we do not go there.

Having said that ... since Eric asked ...

On 3/20/2013 9:57 AM, Eric Burger wrote:
> Going a bit over-the-top: is there an interaction between sex and sexual orientation? Can one count as the other?

I'm not answering as an IAB member, but as co-president of PFLAG Dallas ("Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders") ...

PFLAG includes "sexual orientation" under "sexual orientation, gender identity and expression". Each of these terms means something different, and all of these can be distinct from birth gender.

So, PFLAG would suggest that we treat gender and "sexual orientation, gender identity and expression" interchangeably.

Spencer

(www.pflag.org)