Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-20 11:01:19

  Hi Dave,

On Wed, March 20, 2013 8:35 am, Dave Crocker wrote:
ps.  A small point to watch for, if there is a focus on a defined list
of groups, is the difference between discriminating /against/, versus
ensuring representation /from/.  Active prohibition vs. active
solicitation.  The exchange between Margaret and Stuart seemed to mix
these.  We need to be careful about the distinction.

  I have been viewing this as the difference between discriminating
against versus discriminating for. And I am against discrimination,
even that done for the best of intentions.

  Active solicitation is all well and good but how do you _ensure_
representation of members from a defined list of groups if your
active solicitation does not result in the favored mix?

  Dan.

--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking