Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-20 13:21:28

On 3/20/2013 10:53 AM, Jeffrey Haas wrote:
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:09:41AM -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
Also note that your list is missing something that was raised
earlier in the thread, namely the difference between local
optimization versus 'global'.  There are benefits in having a group
mixture that can be far more important than the attributes of the
group members taken individually.

Probably because I don't buy wholly into that argument - or at least the
argument it makes us "smarter".

Then I encourage you to do more reading. It's not a marginal or controversial point, among folk who do research in the relevant fields.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking