Re: Less Corporate Diversity

2013-03-21 13:40:39
draft-mrex-tls-secure-renegotiation-04 lists Martin Rex as one of the authors. According to the authors of RFC 6176 Martin Rex has reviewed that specification. According to the editor of RFC 4752 Martin Rex has contributed to the document.

If being a RFC author is what matters I should stop commenting about drafts and focus on being a RFC author. A significant number of drafts from RFC authors fail to be adopted due to lack of socialization. If being Working Group Chair is what matters I should do whatever it takes to get that title. The title won't help me understand how to deliver the work.

I welcome feedback from anyone. I do not bother about whether the individual is a RFC author or a Working Chair; any feedback is useful to me. In my opinion Martin Rex's contribution to the IETF is significant. That opinion is not based on what is written in a draft or a RFC, or because of a title.

Regards,
-sm

P.S. The IETF is a place of many misunderstandings.