Re: Less Corporate Diversity

2013-03-21 20:29:00
Quite the contrary. I am interpreting a few of the 'diversity' posts as saying
the IETF has fewer companies participating and much fewer smaller companies
participating. And I am interpreting those posts as implying some nefarious
plot on the part of large, Western, White-European-Male-Dominated companies to
make it that way. I was just positing that the IETF might be reflective of the
networking industry as a whole.

My thesis, not at all proven and one I am not married to, is there are fewer
*companies* out there. With fewer companies, we should not be surprised there
are fewer companies participating. On the big side, a ton of major players
either merged or left the business. On the small side, a bunch of companies
either got acquired or went bankrupt.

Fred Baker and Keith Moore have it right: we need to attract new blood.