RE: Less Corporate Diversity

2013-03-23 00:08:42
Joel,

the small shops you worked for were in the US, right?

Lloyd Wood
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Joel M. Halpern [jmh(_at_)joelhalpern(_dot_)com]
Sent: 23 March 2013 03:24
To: Mark Prior
Cc: John C Klensin; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org Discussion; Eric Burger
Subject: Re: Less Corporate Diversity

I would have to disagree with:

On 3/22/2013 11:17 PM, Mark Prior wrote:

Hi John,

I think that any small shop (whatever that means) would be put off if
they sent someone to an IETF as it appears that it is dominated by the
big vendors pushing their own agendas. Given that impression I imagine
the small shop has better things to do with its resources.

Mark.

While I work for a very large shop now, for most of my career I have
worked for small or mid-size shops.  Even startups.  And all saw value
in sending me to IETF meetings.

Yours,
Joel