Re: Architecture

2013-03-22 14:03:19
On Mar 22, 2013, at 2:49 PM, Keith Moore
<moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> wrote:

I don't think we're in disagreement.   I think that more diversity in IETF
would help minimize the risk that some interests were shortchanged, but I
certainly agree that another factor is a lack of understanding of, and
respect for, the effect of certain changes on the Internet architecture.

Interesting... that could be the case.

Have we even tried to identify and advertise those architectural principles
since the early days?

It may no longer be achievable, as pressure from vendors for new features and
functionality drives new protocols and protocol additions, and while saying
"no"
sounds good in theory, the reality is that it probably doesn't really prevent
the
efforts, as much as cause them to be done as via private vendor=specific
efforts...

/John