Re: Appointment of Scott Mansfield as new IETF Liaison Manager to the ITU-T

2013-03-29 03:01:21
On 29/03/2013 07:33, Michael StJohns wrote:
At 01:14 AM 3/29/2013, David Kessens wrote:

Mike,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 09:03:25PM -0400, Michael StJohns wrote:
The process for selecting and appointing liaisons is the purview of the
IAB and not currently subject to external review - and I don't find any
problem with that.
I fully agree with this.

But then you go on to say:

All I am asking for is a call for volunteers.

If it's within their purview, they get to decide what process they'll follow.

Of course, and I didn't hear anybody suggesting that we need to update some
BCP or other for this. But for a whole lot of reasons, including the case
of a collective blind spot in the IAB, calling for volunteers is a
suggestion that IMHO the IAB would do well to adopt in future.

Anyone who reads RFC 4052, 4053 and 4691 will realise that they are not
volunteering for a trivial job.

    Brian