Re: Sufficient email authentication requirements for IPv6

2013-03-31 13:54:52
In practice, the /64 prefix of the IPv6 address has very much the same
"administrative" properties as the /32 value of the IPv4 address.

You would hope so, but I know hosting places that give their customers
a /128 in a shared /64.  They claim that their routers make this hard
to fix.  I don't know the details.

Like I said, whitelisting known good single IPs can probably work, but
it is a major unsolved question how to figure out the size of the
relevant bad range if you see an IP doing bad stuff.

R's,
John

PS: Just to save time, any answer starting "all you need to do is ..."
doesn't work.  We've been around this barn enough times that there is
severe soil erosion.