Re: Sufficient email authentication requirements for IPv6

2013-03-30 03:41:58
Hi Doug,

This sounds urgent. I am not seeing this urgency, but maybe we just have it under control.

Another side question Doug, is this an application-level based filtering? Can one be authenticated lets say for SMTP but not WEB? Is the filtering applied across all protocols? Is it the IP or mail level?

I see interesting scenarios when good guys who actually fail to connect and authenticate via one protocol and when a limit is reached, the IP is (optionally) blocked across all other entry points as well for a limited period. Its all done automatically, they forget they need to wait for 5 minutes! Its works great auto-protecting them against "bad guys."

--
HLS