Re: Sufficient email authentication requirements for IPv6

2013-04-10 18:14:53
Like I said, things have changed since 1996.

Indeed they have.   Email is much less reliable now than it was then.

Agreed. But it's not the DNSBLs, it's all the other stuff, notably heuristic content filters, that we have to do to deal with the 95% of mail that is spam these days.

I track what happens to the mail going out of my system, and the only time in recent history that any of it got blocked by significant* DNSBLs was when someone found a bug in my submit server and sent several thousand spams through it. Oops. I can't really blame people for not taking my mail until I'd shown that I'd fixed it.

Regards,

* - i.e., ones used by a perceptible number of recipients