Re: Sufficient email authentication requirements for IPv6

2013-04-10 17:56:22
There seems to be a faction that feel that 15 years ago someone once
blacklisted them and caused them some inconvenience, therefore all
DNSBLs suck forever.  I could say similar things about buggy PC
implementations of TCP/IP, but I think a few things have changed since
then, in both cases.

There's an inherent problem with letting 3rd parties affect email
traffic, especially when there's no way to hold those 3rd parties
accountable for negligence or malice.

Like I said, things have changed since 1996.  I talk to Spamhaus every
day am intimately familiar with their processes, and understand who
they report to.

In the meantime, see

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20130301_icann_announces_blocking_usage_review_panel/